Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cole Brothers Circus! The World's Largest Under the Big Top!

Surprisingly not as amazing as it sounds. "Under the Big Top" means everyone is under a tent. A small, enclosed space with stinky people and stinky animals. All the animals looked kind of sad. The people were interesting. And they had kids in the acts. Really? I don't think I would like my kids prancing with dogs or elephants, traveling the country. I'm sure Manny would love it. But maybe I don't think it's the best for him. And I thought the kids would be excitied to see the animals or the exciting acts. But they couldn't have cared less. Manny only cared about the people walking aound with food on their heads. "I need a popcorn! Cotton Candy! " And Marcel just wanted to eat anything he saw. We got Manny 1 ( or 2, who actually remembers) treat and then he saw the guys with the glow swords. "I really need a glow sword! Please! Please! Please!" I told him "Okay, but this is the only thing you get. No more anythings." He promised. I told Luis those dumb glow swords are probably worth a dollar. I am not paying more than $10 for it. (I think we should let our kids pick ONE thing. Period. Luis is of the mentality-if we're going to do something let's go all out. Let's do it all. I say we should never go anywhere if that's what we do. We are compromising.) Luis went to pay for it. And when he came back I asked how much it was. $12!!! What a rip off. (And it curently doesn't work anymore-7 days after we bought it. And Manny even tried to "save the batteries" by only using it every once in a while.) Later the man with the snow cones on his head came by. Manny turns to me, "Can you just return this? I REALLY want a snow cone." You're kidding, right? If I would've just held out a little longer about the glow sword....I had to tell him that sadly that's not how it works. I can't just retun it. Lots of crying followed.
Well, we saw some sad white tigers, a baby elephant playing with a little girl, some jumping dogs with another little girl, a "family" of Colombian tight rope walkers, a lady swinging by her hair, more ladies twirling/doing tricks on pieces of fabric hanging from the ceiling, and some clowns. Manny did say he liked the clowns. Success!
We might have even left at half time (if there is a half time). We couldn't quite hear what the ringmaster was saying ever so we just assumed it might be over (although not that many people were getting up to leave). And we weren't sad about it. We most likely won't be going to another circus. Ever. Unless the one from Madagascar comes to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment