Sunday, October 16, 2011

Preparing for Baby, School, Handsome, Class Clown

Manny is getting excited for the baby to come. He has been practicing swinging the swing slowly and driving the stroller around (which usually ends up with him running it into things really hard and laughing, but he always starts out nice). He even asks often if he will be able to hold the baby. He still likes to feel his brother kick him and still likes to try to poke his finger in my belly button.
But about a month ago he did something that really made me laugh. It is a little before 7 in the morning, I am just laying in bed resting. All of a sudden Manny comes bursting in the room and says, "Is my brother coming out yet?!" What? Super random, but super funny. I have no idea where he is getting this stuff.
Manny is still loving school and it seems as though his teachers love him, too. Even the teacher in the class next to his says that he is her special boy this year. A little girl also told the teacher, "Look at Manny, he's so handsome." I say, isn't it a little early? They're 3.
At Manny's school they eat lunch. Every day he asks me to pack him a peanut butter and honey sandwich. So I do. But when I pick him up I ask, how was school, how was your lunch, and he tells me he didn't eat it at all. He threw it in the trash. What? I eventually talked to his teacher to see if he was really doing that or if he was taking a couple of bites or what was going on. She told me that Manny is very social. They usually have to remind him to stay in his seat. So he must be too busy talking to his friends and before he knows it lunchtime is over and it's time to clean up. So now the teachers have been very nice and trying to encourage him to eat his sandwich. And so far it is working.
It also looks like we might have the beginnings of a class clown. I'm hoping not too distracting. Manny has now figured out that when you say the wrong words in a song or a phrase it's really funny/silly. He loves to sing songs and put in the wrong words. And it gets quite a laugh with his friends so he does it all the time. I am trying to think of good examples, but all I can think of is "The itsy bitsy spider went up the water brick...hahahaha. Down came the brick and smashed the spider out....hahahah" or "Give said the little streamy, Give o givey, Give o givey," etc. Now place these weird phrases and wrong words in almost every conversation and you'll get an idea of how fun (not always) it is to talk with this kid.

1 comment: