Sunday, May 18, 2014

Running Away

Right as I speak Manny is packing things for him and Marcel to run away. He has said it multiple times, but today he is actually acting on it. I am trying to be as serious as I can. I asked him some questions as to how he would live.
Me- Where are you going to live?
Manny- I'll go to a house that isn't bought yet. I'll bring my money
Me- I don't think they'll sell a house to you. You're a kid.
Manny- Well then I'll be a hobo.
Me- Okay. What about when it is cold?
Manny- I'll find a place that's not cold. And Marcel can go to school with me since he has no place to go.
Me- Interesting. That is very nice of you. How will you eat?
Manny- I'll buy it. I have money.
Me- But not forever. You'll run out. (I think he has $4 in his wallet.)
Manny- Well then I'll call you and you can deliver it to me. I'll tell you where I'm staying.

Here is a list of what he has packed so far-
Clothes/Pajamas
Blankets
A pillow for him and Marcel to share
Sleeping animals (Bunnity, Blanket, Spot, Oso)
A framed picture of himself as a baby so he can "remember the good times, when you loved me"

As he is packing up his clothes and blankets he is singing "Cups" by Anna Kendrick. "You're going to miss me when I'm gone." Marcel is following him around singing "Gone......gone......gone."

And this is all because I told him he couldn't play Star Wars Angry Birds. Well it could be a combination of things that have happened this weekend, but this was the last straw. (He also told me he might take Papi because he and I were not meant to be. I asked why and the reason was that Papi said he could play Star Wars Angry Birds and I told him he couldn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment