Thursday, October 9, 2014

I heart pianos

We were lucky enough to acquire a free piano a couple of weeks ago. It's been amazing. I haven't played the piano in forever so it's been nice for me, but it has been wonderful for Manny. Turns out he loves the piano. Well, I knew he loved music. But I love seeing him play. As soon as he comes home from school he goes to the piano, as soon as he wakes up, etc. I tried giving him a few lessons, but he didn't respond well for me. I was able to teach him the names of the notes...and that was about it. Despite his resistance to my teaching he has been sounding songs out. All the time. The first few songs were probably the worst (for me) because he only was working on those two songs, ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. But now it is quite pleasant to hear him practicing. In the future I'm going to want to remember these. So here is a list of the songs he has sounded out (he only plays the melody-one note at a time, but I'm impressed):
Oompa Loompa (this one got quite repetative)
Doe a Deer a Female Deer (at least that's what we call it)
I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus
"Ninja Song" (he insists that this is a real song he has heard)
I Am a Child of God
Mary Had a Little Lamb
Hush Little Baby Don't You Cry
Let it Go
And the latest he is working on is -Story of My Life

I am talking to a friend who may be able to give him lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment